Sunday, October 12, 2014

A Summary

A Summary

If I could summarize jazz
in one word 
what would I say? 

Oh. 
Well, 
maybe I would say jazz is 
people.  

No wait. 
How about, 
adventure? 
Jazz is definitely 
adventurous. 

Daring? 
You kind of have to 
be daring to improvise...
oh and how about 
loving? 
or trusting? 
or accepting? 

It's a sound! 
Yes, a honk
whinny
coo
whisper
swing
step
bam 
boom
Can you hear it? 

But jazz, oh it's America's music!
Jazz is America! 

But wait, it's all over the world. 
Maybe then it's 
worldwide. 

Or it's not really where, but when. 
Jazz is whenever...
Jazz is now. 

If it's whenever, then who is jazz? 
Jazz is anyone. 
Everyone. 
You. 
Me. 
Him, her.
Them.

Wait, so do I define jazz? 

Because 
I can't even summarize it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment