Friday, November 6, 2015

If I couldn't see

If I couldn't see 

If I couldn't see
how could I go to the
art museum every Wednesday at noon?

would I notice any difference from a
CD or a concert?

could I still tie my shoes?

would I still care enough to
buy new clothes each season?

or to wear red lipstick and
purple eyeshadow?

would I be able to find your
lips to kiss you?

could I still fly a kite
or marvel at the deep blue sky?

would I have to give up painting,
sewing, knitting, drawing, sketching?

could I still read a book each night
before my dreams take over?

If I couldn't see
could I look in the empty mirror
and feel my own presence?



Please visit my jazz education website, Kind of Pink and Purple, where I create a multimedia resource for young adults to learn about jazz. 

Please subscribe to Without a Poem by email (top right of the page) and follow both Kind of Pink and Purple and Without a Poem on other social media: TwitterTumblrInstagramGoogle PlusPinterest

Since September 2015, I have been the JazzBoston newsletter writer/ editor. Please sign up for the monthly newsletter to learn more about the Boston jazz scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment